- Law on Inventions, in force since May 13, 1998, amended on March 11, 1999, and December 10, 2014.
- Implementing Regulations of March 1999.
- Detailed Regulations of October 1999 under the Regulations of March 1999 for the Implementation of the Law on Inventions, amended in November 2010, and October 201
Trademark registration classification:
- Applicant’s name and address
- Logo, Brand Name, Slogan, Label in software copy (Jpeg, pdf, png, gif format)
- Specification of goods and services
- Power of Attorney (no legalization).
- Priority document, if priority is claimed.
- A trademark application has to be filed before the Department of Trademarks and Industrial Designs by a local agent.
- The application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior trademarks.
- After examination if the trademark application is accepted then, the trademark is published in the Gazette for opposition.
- Opposition can be filed within 6 months from the publication date.
- The processing time from first filing to registration or first office action is approx. 12 months.
Duration and Renewal: A trademark registration is valid for 10 years from date of application.The registration is renewable for periods of 10 years.